The recognition will be in three parts. First, library staff will compile a second Boise State University authors bibliography that will be available online. Second, Albertsons Library will have a display in January and February featuring the books, articles, and creative works published during this period. Third, on February 7, 2007, the library will host a reception where the university community is invited to meet the authors and recognize their contributions.
Citations for the 2007 recognition are now being accepted online at the Library's Boise State University Author Recognition webpage.
Security will be provided by the Boise Police Department; an officer will be on duty in the library all night and can provide escort service. Free coffee will be provided by Student Activities. Go to the Library's Hours section for Summer and West Campus schedules.
- Federal Income Taxation of Corporations & Shareholders by Bittker & Eustice
- Federal Taxation of Income, Estates & Gifts by Bittker & Lokken
- Federal Income Taxation of S Corporations by Eustice & Kuntz
- Federal Taxation of Partnerships & Partners by McKee, Nelson & Whitmire
- IRS Practice & Procedure by Saltzman
- Limited Liability Companies: Tax & Business Law by Bishop & Kleinberger
You can access the Treatise Library through the Checkpoint (Accountancy, Taxation) database, available at the Article Indexes and Databases page on the Library's webpage.
John Ziker, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, will present: First Nations, the Treaty Process, and Environmental Rights in British Columbia, Canada.
Enter the fill-in-the-blank citation tools! Simply select the style, input the information (author, title, date, volume, etc.), and watch it transform into a citation. Here's a quick rundown of the choices available to you:
- Citationmachine.net: probably the oldest (online since 2000), it can do citations in MLA and APA on a variety of resources along with regular book, article and newspaper resources.
- KnightCite: created by
Calvin College's Heckman Library ( ), KnightCite will create citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago styles. Michigan
- RapidCite: a website service that provides a simple step by step process to create citations and the option of importing your citations to a MS Word document.
- Citation Builder: a service of the North Carolina State University Libraries, it can convert the more basic resources.
As handy as these websites are they will not correct your misspellings or capitalization errors: what you type in is what you get back. Luckily, we have the print versions of any style guide you could possibly use @thelibrary, so you can doublecheck the citations for accuracy. If you have any questions, just ask a Librarian for help.
News readers allow you to subscribe to and get updates from multiple websites using RSS feeds (more on RSS here or here) and listing them onto a single screen. Instead of jumping from website to website, a news reader will surf your favorite sites and add new content to your subscription, which you can read at your convenience.
There are many news readers available, from free web-based subscription websites like Yahoo and Bloglines, to computer-based and paid subscription services. Find out more about each reader at RSS Compendium or check out Google's page for a list of the most popular ones.
The Economic Report of the President, 2006 is now available for download from the GPO Access website and includes:
- Current and foreseeable trends and annual numerical goals concerning topics such as employment, production, real income, and Federal budget outlays
- Employment objectives for significant groups of the labor force
- Annual numeric goals
- A program for carrying out program objectives
The Economic Report of the President has been published since 1950 and is available on GPO Access from 1995 forward. Earlier copies are available in print @thelibrary.
Here are the lucky winners of the drawing (better late than never…)
Svetlana Hatvani, a freshman
majoring in pre-nursing, won
a sweatshirt (value $50)
Erin Morris, a freshman who
hasn’t yet chosen her major,
won a sweatshirt (value $60)
Colleen Wiscombe (daughter of
Kenny Wiscombe – FO&M), won
the $100 gift card to the BSU
Bookstore. Colleen is a junior
majoring in biology.
Library Administration and staff
An additional goal is to promote critical information use in the curriculum by bringing together faculty and librarians to enhance the quality of student use of information resources. Please contact your department's library liaison to begin the application process. The application and additional information are available here, or through the library's homepage.
Robert Davidson, the Canadian Haida artist who is highlighted in the display, will be giving a presentation on Tuesday, April 4th, "The ABCs of Northwest Coast Art" from 7-9 p.m. in the Student Union Lookout Room.
Canada Week events will be posted in the display case on the first floor of the Library through the first week of April.