8.15.2008

Meet our new Librarian/Archivist!

My name is Erin Passehl, and I am the new Librarian/Archivist as of August. I work in Special Collections on the 2nd floor of Albertsons Library.

One of my primary responsibilities will be to assist in overseeing the digital collections created using materials from University Archives and Special Collections.


I have just arrived from the Midwest, most recently from Milwaukee, WI, where I was a librarian at a small private university (notable moment: dressing up as a California Raisin for Halloween and winning 1st prize).

A native of Wisconsin, I graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a bachelor degree in history and political science. I received my Master of Science in Information (MSI) from the University of Michigan with a specialization in archives. Needless to say, I am a major Big Ten college sports fan (but Badgers come before Wolverines)! I can’t wait to get to a few football games here.


So far I am really enjoying Boise. I am making my way slowly through the city, identifying interests of mine (bicycling on the Green Belt, live music, dining, knitting, outdoor activities), so if you have any suggestions, lay it on me!

Come on up to Special Collections and enjoy all the great materials we collect. You can contact me at 426-1674 or at erinpassehl[at]boisestate.edu. I look forward to school starting and meeting everyone.

No comments: