Short of time? The library has a new service to assist you. Monday through Friday, faculty and staff can have library books, CDs and videos delivered to their Campus Department for free by filling out an online request form via the library catalog.
For more information, go to: http://library.boisestate.edu/colldev/campusdelivery.htm .
Other changes in the library include:
- a renovated student lounge next to the coffee shop, complete with comfortable chairs and couches (coffee welcome!),
- a Spanish interface of the library's catalog,
- additional computer stations on the first floor (most now require Bronco Web login & password),
- over 190 research databases and indexes,
- longer library hours (open until midnight Sunday through Thursday),
- and a knowledgeable staff ready to serve your research needs.
- The Current Periodicals (for new journals and magazines) is now located on the north side of the Library (1st floor).The paperback browsing collection will move next to the Starbucks space (1st floor).
- New computers have been added and most will require login in with your Bronco Web user name and password (all floors).
- Starbucks' grand opening will be August 27th, the first week of classes. You can see the construction progress at our Flickr page.
- Print indexes have been rearranged and are still located north of the Reference Desk (1st floor).
- The Career collection, college catalogs and phonebooks are now located north of the Reference Desk, next to the Current Periodicals collection (1st floor).
- The Library catalog now shows you the floor location of all titles. A new Spanish interface will be available soon!
- New hires at the Library include four new librarians and one Head of Public Services.
ClasePeriodica Coverage = 1975 - current. Clase and Periodica (ClasePeriodica) is the combined version of two indexes of Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities. CLASE indexes documents published in Latin American journals specializing in the social sciences and humanities, while PERIODICA covers journals specializing in science and technology. Together they offer access to more than 300,000 bibliographic citations from documents published in 2,600 scholarly journals published in the Spanish, Portuguese, French and English languages.
Physical Education Index . Dates of Coverage: 1970 - current. Since 1970 CSA Physical Education Index has been covering a vast collection of material. Records are indexed and classified from peer-reviewed journals, report literature, conference proceedings, trade magazines, patents, articles from the popular press, and many other publications. Beginning in January 2001, enhancements to the database include the addition of abstracts, e-mail addresses, expanded publisher and author information, and other data to facilitate access to the full text.
Access these resources--and many more--from the "Find Articles" link in the library's homepage.
I came to BSU most recently from two part-time gigs at Albertson College's N. L. Terteling Library and Ada Community Library's Star Branch. Before that I worked at the University of Arizona Libraries in Tucson, where I earned my MA in information science. In my pre-librarian life, I earned an MA in English (specifically, Literature & Environment) at the University of Nevada, Reno, and worked for four years as an editor, first for Orion magazine, then for a couple other places.
I've been living in Boise for just eight months now, and have to say that this is the best town I've ever inhabited. Great downtown, great parks, and oh the Greenbelt. Love it. I'm a dog lover and a runner, so the 'belt is treating us well. Also love hiking, and a few more domestic hobbies like gardening and knitting. Recently became a 24 addict, and have been a Lost addict for a while.
That's all I've got. Thanks for reading, and don't hesitate to drop a line if you ever need anything! I'm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 426-1621.
West Campus Library will be open Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 5:00 and also closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Additional operating hours for the rest of the Fall semester can be found at the Library's Hours page.
More than 35,000 librarians, faculty, and key decision makers rely on Choice magazine and Choice Reviews online for collection development and scholarly research.
Each year Choice publishes more than 7,000 reviews by selected subject experts. Check out Choice in the Find Articles link, or visit the Library's home page for more research sources.
Blackwell Reference Online (BRO) is a vast new e-book library giving instant access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship across the humanities and social sciences. With almost 300 reference volumes, Blackwell Reference Online is the largest academic reference collection available online and includes:
- Blackwell Companions and Handbooks
- Major reference works such as the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management and the Companion to Syntax
- Other valuable reference materials such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and concise companions.
Anthropology (2 books)
Art (2 books)
Business and Management (17 books)
Classics (3 books)
Communication and Media Studies (4 books)
Cultural Studies (1 book)
Economics (5 books)
Gender Studies (2 books)
Geography (3 books)
History (31 books)
Law (3 books)
Linguistics (22 books)
Literature (57 books)
Philosophy (61 books)
Politics (2 books)
Psychology (17 books)
Race and Ethnicity Studies (5 books)
Religion (23 books)
Sociology (13 books)