8.20.2009

Meet Margie, New Reference Librarian!

Greetings Boise State students and faculty! I recently moved to Idaho from Indiana (think corn fields, John Mellencamp, and humidity) where I served as a reference librarian at the University of Southern Indiana. Prior to that, I worked as the education liaison librarian at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I earned a Masters in Library Science at Indiana University Bloomington and a B.S. in Elementary Education at USI.

As a Reference Librarian at Albertsons Library, I am looking forward to providing library services by answering your questions at the Reference Desk, teaching you search strategies, and using information technology applications. A really cool thing about Albertsons Library is that you can get research help in person on the 1st floor, or you can chat with us off-campus, call us, or email us (all available through the library's home page). Please, don't hesitate to ask me or any other librarian for help with your project!

I will also help select books and e-resources for the library that support research and learning in the College of Education, including core education topics, children's literature, literacy, and materials for the Curriculum Resource Center. Faculty and student input helps to create a stronger library collection, so please email or call me with specific titles or subject areas in education you would like to recommend: 426-1323 or margieruppel@boisestate.edu.

I look forward to working with you!

Margie Ruppel

No comments: