9.06.2011

Welcome new librarian: Carrie Moore


Hello Boise State!! My name is Carrie Moore, and I am a new Reference Librarian, as of July, here at the Albertsons Library. My office is located on the 1st floor of the library (107 A) along the same wall as the Starbucks. So, if you’re stopping into the library to do some work or just a cup of coffee, please stop by my office and say “Hi”.

A couple of the areas I will be working closely with throughout the year are the Communication Department, English Department, First Year Writing Program, and the Campus Read. But, I’m looking forward to working with ALL of the great people here on campus!

A native of Iowa, I graduated from Briar Cliff College (located in Sioux City, IA for those who are curious) with a Bachelor’s degree in biology and psychology. I received my Masters of Library Science (M.L.S.) from Emporia State University in Emporia, KS. But most recently, I am coming to Boise from Detroit, MI, where I was a librarian at Wayne State University for 8 ½ years.

During my time at Wayne State, I was the librarian for the College of Engineering, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences and Communication Sciences and Disorders. As well as being the Coordinator of Collections for Public Services.

So far, my family and I are really enjoying Idaho! We have been going on many outdoor adventures throughout the state, and if you have suggestions for great locations to explore in the region send them our way. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great semester!

Carrie
426-1626 OR carriemoore1@boisestate.edu

No comments: