- Ground-breaking and International in scope and approach
- Alphabetically arranged with extensive cross-referencing
- Include updates as subjects develop
- Supplementary audio, video and text files online
- List of languages of the world (including information on no. of speakers, language family, etc.)
- Approximately 700 biographical entries (now includes contemporary linguists
- Available online via ScienceDirect featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy.
The URL is: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/referenceworks/9780080448541
Let us know what you think about ELL! Send your comments to Peggy Cooper, or call her at 6-2311.