11.15.2007

Meet our new Reference Librarians: Part III

“What does a librarian do, anyway?” I’m frequently asked this question and am always grateful when it happens because, well, I really like to talk about what librarians can do: put you in touch with the information you need.

One thing I do is select resources to include in the Albertsons Library collection. As I’m the new liaison to the College of Education, I select resources that support research and teaching at BSU in the field of Education. Please feel free to send me requests. Highlights of the Education collection include over 80 electronic journals and the Curriculum Resource Center (think children’s books, Idaho state-approved textbooks, and educational media).

But honestly, my favorite part about being a librarian is the chance to meet and serve faculty, students, and staff, whether online or in person. I’m available to meet for individual research consultations to help along a project. I would also appreciate the opportunity to visit with faculty to learn more about individual and departmental research interests and explore how I can begin to support both research and teaching efforts. You can contact me directly at saraseely at boisestate dot edu or 426-1263.

I’ve just arrived from University of Washington where I earned a Master of Library and Information Science degree, focusing my studies on school libraries and the information needs of teachers and children, and simultaneously worked in the university’s Undergraduate Library. Before that I lived in Budapest, Hungary, where I worked in the Open Society Archives and the Hungarian public K-5 schools. BSU has extended a warm welcome, which I greatly appreciate, and I look forward to further developing relationships with faculty, students, and staff.

Sara R. Seely
Reference Librarian

No comments: