We're excited to have you back on campus! The library has gone through several transformations during the summer to accommodate several new campus ventures: the new GIMM (Gaming Interactive Media, and Mobile Technology) space, located on the first floor of the library (where Microforms used to be); the College of Innovation and Design, located on the 2nd floor of the library; and the library's own MakerLab, which will house our 3D printing, audio & video editing, microcomputing, and more.
To integrate these changes library staff shifted and moved about 850,000 volumes from the stacks, which means some things have been relocated--our audiovisual materials (DVDs, VHS, books on tape/CDs) are now on the third floor, and Government Documents will be located on the fourth floor. We will be adapting and updating you throughout the semester as projects are completed.
Other services you can enjoy at the library include:
- Wireless networking choices throughout the building
- A computer lab on the first & second floors running the latest Microsoft Office suite
- Interested in 3D printing? We have them and we'll show you how to use them!
- Scanners and multiple BroncoPrint stations, including wireless printing
- Access to over 320+ research databases
- Library hours for the semester are listed in our calendar
- Browse Boise State research and scholarship via ScholarWorks
- Check out Mac and PC laptops, as well as iPads, chargers, headphones & other gear from the Circulation desk on the first floor
- Huge collection of eBooks via the library catalog
- Reserve study rooms in the library
- Streaming video databases on a wide range of subjects--watch online or on your portable device
- Subject guides in fields such as Digital Humanities, Raptor Studies, Management, Anthropology, and many more via the library's subject guides
- A Starbucks on the first floor, next to the library's main entrance
- Have questions about research, campus, or anything at all? We’re available to help you via our Help page or our social media channels like Facebook, and Twitter. We're well represented on Pinterest and Instagram too.
- In a rush? Text us your questions at (208) 546-9982