11.03.2014

Meet Amber, one of our new librarians!

Hello! I’m Amber Sherman, and I’m delighted to be the newest librarian at Albertsons Library. I've always been an East Coaster, so living here will be quite an adventure!

Accepting this position has made me truly realize “it’s a small world” because I have two close friends from Idaho - one was a roommate in undergrad and one in grad school. They both love Idaho and have made me even more excited to make Boise my new home.

I received my BA in History and Sociology from the University of Virginia and my Master’s Degree in Library Science from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. I've worked for academic libraries, non-profits, and even a bank, but all of my jobs revolved around capturing and accessing digital information, which fits in well with my primary responsibility of managing ScholarWorks for Boise State.

I wholeheartedly believe in open access publishing and look forward to working with faculty and students to showcase their scholarly output. ScholarWorks is an amazing service for the Boise State University community, so if you have any questions about the project or what we can help you with, please contact me. Or even better, stop by for a chat and a piece of cake during the ScholarWorks’ Million Downloads Celebration Thursday, November 6th starting at noon! 

No comments: