8.23.2007

Meet our new reference librarians! Part II

Hey y’all! I’m Amy Elliott, the newest Reference Librarian on the block, or so to speak. I just joined Alberstons Library in early August and can’t wait for classes to start again so I can start helping everyone find the information they need! I love the hunt for information and solving the puzzle of questions (say what you will, I embrace my inner-geek), so bring them on! I’ll also be the liaison for music, math, and diversity studies (including Gender studies) here, so if you need anything in those areas or just want to say “hey” by all means, contact me.

Most recently, I’ve come from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, which should explain my greeting for those of you who find it strange. I earned my MS in Information Sciences there, and also worked in the John C. Hodges Library’s Reference department for two years. Though I love the South (and the Lady Vols) I have lived in and traveled all over the U.S. and love experiencing new cultures. Before I was at UTK, I was at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, where I earned my MA in English and American Literatures (with specializations in American, Southern, and Medieval literatures).

I’m new to Boise, but so far I love it. It seems like a great place to make a fresh start – a great mixture of outdoor and downtown opportunities – a good place for a bicyclist like me. I also enjoy music, art and culture, so it looks like this could be a good match.

I think that’s about it; I’m sure there could be more, but there will be time enough for that later. I’ll be around the blog – posting now and again. So for now, “Hey & good to be here,” and please contact me at amyelliott2 at boisestate dot edu or 426-4302, if you need anything!

No comments: